Monday, January 3, 2011

Clear Blue Sky

At least once a day I find myself drawn to stare out the window for a few minutes. I watch the breeze as it rustles the tall tree tops in the distance. The cluster of birds as they flutter across the sky. Or any other movement that catches my eyes. Today I was met by an unexpected surprise through my window view. Blue sky! Though it is a measly 35 degrees out, the sky is a brilliant robin's egg blue. From where I sit there isn't a cloud in sight. Not a single white puffy cloud or the dark dismal gray ones readying to dump their heavy load on my little Washington town. Not that the rain is unexpected, on the contrary the blue sky is the unexpected, and the sun! During the summers I long for winter, even for the rain. Once the winter gets here, spring and warmth is all I can think about. Play dates at the park. Pick-nicks in the grass. The sound of my children's laughter as they frolic and play outdoors exploring the rich environment around them. I can't wait for the time of nature walks and the sporadic after school ice cream treats. So come on Spring. I miss your warmth, and splendor. I miss the sound of the birds singing, and children playing. I miss the pink cherry tree blossoms, and when the wind blows them away making it look like snow. So Winter, though it is only the beginning of January you need to be on your way. I've been cooped up inside for far too long and it is time for Spring to come back!

And now that I have wasted a good hour of my day staring out the window and writing about it, it is time to get back to work. I have pages and pages to revise and a house desperately needing some TLC, not to mention a deep clean. My goal today is to get through at least two chapters of revisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment